Set secluded in the Langberg mountains overlooking the trout dam in a deep kloof with spectacular views over the Vrede farm-lands and Witkoppen mountain range. There are two chalets where the trout, hiking and mountain biking enthusiast will spend a few blissful days. Each chalet can accommodate 8 people and has two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. One is within walking distances of the trout dams, wooded ravines and mountain streams. These chalets offer luxury accommodation for hikers who need a bit more comfort to hike the Langberg hiking trail. There is also more than 50 kilometres for mountain bikers to enjoy whilst the farm offers caving as well as 6 bolted climbs for rock climbers. Langberg Springs is approximately 200 km from Gauteng and could be a perfect stop over to the eastern coastal areas or a great weekend break.
THESE COTTAGES ARE CLOSED IN AUGUST DUE TO FIRE RISK
Bedroom 1 and 2 each:
· 1 double bed; and
· 1 Bunk bed sleeping 2.
Open plan kitchen:
· Two-plate stove;
· Gas burner;
· Gas fridge with freezer space;
· 3 legged potjie;
· Crockery and cutlery; and
· Bottle opener.
- Toitlet; and
- Water heated by donkey fired heater.
- Full bed linen provided;
- Fireplace in each chalet;
- Bring own towels;
- Wood supplied – extra available @ R15.00 for 50 kg bag;
- Self catering or food on order;
- No electricity – paraffin lamp and candles provided;
- Bring own fishing rods;
- Domestic workers available on request
- Fees R 100.00 weekend
- Duties – dishes and cleaning
Meals on order in advance with owners:
- Potjiekos – R 30.00 p.p;
- Bobotie – R 30.00 p.p;
- Curry and rice – R 30.00 p.p
- Braaivleis – 2 chops, wors, corn on cob, pap/gravy – R 45.00 p.p
- Hiking trail – 14 km and 8 km;
- Mountain bike on farm & surrounds – 50 km;
- Rock climbing and abseiling
- Bring own equipment;
- 38 routes all equipped with bolts; and
- Difficulty range from 14 – 29;
· Bird watching (large variety);
· Swimming in dam;
· Catch and release – trout, bass or yellow fish (arrange with owners to buy trout);
· Horse riding available at R 50.00 p/h; and
· Mountain bike trail on 4x4 track on farm for fit bikers only.
· Provided on full payment after booking)